Friday, January 09, 2009

Morning Escape

If the morning walk doesn't happen soon enough, Tito gets antsy. I wanted to read the paper and have some coffee, so I attached her to the rope outside. I've been rather proud of myself for outsmarting her in the rope design. At first, I just used a long rope, but she chewed through it close to where it attached to her collar, so for the last 6 months she has stayed connected because the first 12 feet is cable.
I realized I gotten all the way to the comics without hearing from Tito and looked outside. No Tito, and the rope is broken at the cable connection. I call her and she comes running happily from down the street with a 12 foot cable trailing behind.
When we finally did our first walk of the day, I was not pleased to see that the osprey nest was being removed from the top of the cell tower. I was reassured by Dan at Parks & Rec, who said they would be building a platform up there for the osprey who has been rebuilding the nest every year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home