Friday, January 09, 2009

The Dog Bath

On a walk with Julie (that required only a minimum of trespassing) Tito rolled in something stinky on the beach. Usually it is week-old crab. Julie has an interesting theory about why dogs roll in stinky stuff - to mask their scent. It's a dog disguise!

When I get home, I set up the bathroom with three big dog towels before I bring Tito in the house. After the bath, I dry her off with a towel, but she still insists on shaking herself, getting water and black hairs all over the walls. She runs off while I clean out the tub, clean off the walls and floor and gather up the towels, along with other dog towels, her collar and harness to start a load of laundry.

I go in the bedroom to change out of my stinky wet clothes and see that she has rolled around on the bed! Bad! Now I have to do three more loads of laundry - the comforter, the sheets and the mattress cover!
Warming up by the fire after her bath.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home