Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mystery Object in the Boatyard

Who out there knows what this is??? The top-secrecy of the workers there makes me want to know. This was the best picture I could get through the chain link fence. It has two huge pontoons connected by this weird structure.
A couple of theories:
some kind of raft for going down the Colorado River (not likely, I say)
for fishing and nets would be below
a way to observe whales from directly above them.
We are hoping Neal will use his engineering, analyatical and logical skills to tell us the answer.

A view from another angle.

7-20
Do you think Neal is pulling my leg with his comment about this being a ferry boat??
What happened to his theory about it being a secret invention for finding sunken treasures? I still think the best explanation is something for dealing with whales.

4 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why I don't like boats!

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a small ferry boat under construction. When finished it will have a deck between the two pontoons which 12 to 15 car can drive onto at one end and drive off the other end, 3 cars side by side and 4 to five cars bumper to bumper. The raised boathouse allows cars to pass under it and doesn't force the boat to be much wider than the cars that are on it. It would be for small runs like the one from Anacortes to the island across from it.

Neal

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the ferry under construction theory makes a lot of sense. Now that it's mentioned, I can see the outline of what could be a future ferry. That would also explain why they got to be in the port of Anacortes area. But why the secrecy??

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe it works now! I fixed the cookie problem, so now I can leave comments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home