Sunday, March 05, 2006

Bingo at “the Resort”
I’m always sure to arrive in plenty of time to join the Sunday afternoon Bingo hour. I’m beginning to suspect something fishy. Vivian (in the pink) ALWAYS wins one or more of the games. She is also always in charge of collecting the pennies before every round in that special leather cup. (I have learned to stack my pennies in piles of three [one for each card] like everyone else does.) Not only that, she announced that everyone was allowed only ONE fresh-from-the-oven chocolate-chocolate-chip cookie apiece. Everyone else ate their cookie right away, while she kept her’s under a napkin (you may note) and smugly nibbled on it between rounds. One of the players at our table, who will remain nameless, hid Vivian’s cookie while she was off rattling the penny cup at another table. Vivian was not amused. But my question is how can her Bingo wins be explained? Does she have special cards that coordinate with specially weighted calling balls? Is there actually some strategy to this game that I assume is totally chance?
Readers may have expected a report on the Academy Awards, but we are watching Animal Planet.

1 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNEW that lady was suspicious- you should cheat sometime and win- just to beat her at her own game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home