Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Year's Day

Every New Year's Day there are articles about people who did something mildly interesting every day for a year. Like, date a different guy, send a thank you note to someone new, not buy anything new (except food and basic toiletries.) Then they write a book about it, because it becomes somehow life changing, or at least meaningful in some way. So I feel pressure to start a year of doing something... It really needs to start out sounding boring. Take a picture of everything I eat. Done that. Take a picture of my dog every day. Already do that.
Maybe it should be something I want to do, but don't make time for. Keep a journal. Do a sketch every day.
Maybe instead of trying to improve myself every day, I should tell other people how to improve themselves. "you should get more exercize", "talk less and listen more", "make eye contact please". This might end up being good book writing material.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home