Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Making a loop trail


I have been wanting to try this loop and finally did it today. Started at north Gazzum parking lot and walked south to the water tower, then followed a trail behind the water tower which looked pretty clear up top, but going down the hill it got worse and worse with 5 foot high stinging nettles and no real trail. I'll bring Becky's machete next time. There was a house at the bottom which I finally got to after crossing fallen trees and boggy ground. I realize if I had turned right instead of going to the house, I would end up at some other kind of water "tower" that I'd found once before. So next time I'd go that way. Then you can go straight down that road to Crystal Springs. I went a little ways down Crystal Springs to get down to the water then walked the beach (low tide) to the Close trail water access and back up that way. It took about two and a half hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home