Monday, August 24, 2009

1950's Day

Craig's new 1950ish Hillman Minx
A retro gas station somewhere around Bellevue. It must have been near Phantom Lake.
The car is like new (notice the sticker decal on the windshield) and started right up.

Look at those shiny hub caps.
Our car tour ended up where all cool cars congregate the XXX drive-in - which it turns out is not a X-rated movie theater, but a 50's root beer drive-in.

highly decorated with 50s memorabelia

Good thing we didn't order the LARGE root beer floats


or the gigantic hamburger

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Dan said...

I want a giant hamburger

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun -- our big day out made your blog!! And it made my day.

Great photos. Tito looks so majestic on top of Rattlesnake ridge. Also I like the one of Marilynn being fanned by the giant shell sign - I guess I took that one.

On dreary winter days I'll come back and enjoy these photos again.

And bring Dan next time, I think he'd like one of those giant hamburgers.
-Craig

 

Post a Comment

<< Home